Many of our interns have told us they’ve learned more in 2 summers than they did in 4 years of college.
• Monitor fields
• Compile information (including crop condition and pest levels)
• Complete reports, accurately summarizing the above information
• Take soil samples, file reports and other duties as needed.
• Maintain company equipment and vehicles.
• Self motivated individuals with good observation and communication skills
• Have a farm/agriculture background and/or courses in related subjects (crop production, weed science, entomology, plant pathology, etc.) can be helpful, but not necessary.
• Sincerely interested and want to learn more.
From Semester end through August or September.
Benefits to Students:
This position offers hands-on experience of practical pest management over a wide variety of farming situations. The typical intern will learn first hand about identification and management strategies of weeds, insects, diseases and plant nutrition. Past interns have found that after working a summer, they’ve returned to school with more experience, which allows them to do better in school. This also lays a solid foundation for future employment.
If so email, firstname.lastname@example.org